Frequently Asked Questions


Do I need permits to have a tiny home in my backyard?

Currently, if you are not planning on having your tiny home as an ADU (granny flat), you do not need permits to have an RV certified tiny home in your backyard. There are some cities or counties however, that do require setbacks even for an RV tiny home. Please check with your local city and/or county for more info on having an RV in your backyard. 

What do the water hookups look like? and how do they work?

The water connections are just like an RV. We use the same connections, which means they are in the back area of the tiny house. The water connection is simple, you use a water hose to connect the tiny house to a water bibb. 

What appliances run on gas?

The appliances that can run on gas are the propane stove, and propane tankless water heater, there is also the option to upgrade to a propane refrigerator. When you upgrade to a propane appliance, the upgrade includes the unit along with the gas lines that run thru the home and a propane tank. We recommend having a spare propane tank to swap them out when one runs out.

What's the insulation situation?

All our tiny homes come with R-13 and R-19 pink insulation. Each home is insulated properly like a typical house would be and we do offer an upgraded version of 1 inch foam insulation. 

Can I have an electric stove or electric tankless water heater?

We do not put an electric stove and/or electric tankless water heater as these options require more energy than the tiny house can handle. Most of these type of appliances are 240 volts, which does not work with a tiny house. 

Can I have a bathtub in my tiny home?

We offer regular sized bathtubs and RV sized bathtubs with all the proper connections and fixtures. If you would like a regular tub we do recommend that your tiny home be 24 ft -30 ft long. 

How do I connect the sewer? Is there a holding tank?

The tiny homes do not come with holding tanks, not to say that you can't add one. We provide a 3 inch sewer line in the back corner under the restroom for you to connect to the sewer line at the property. Depending on your property and where your tiny home will sit, you can either hard pipe the tiny home to the sewer line or use a flexible RV sewer hose. You must find out where the sewer line runs and might have to install a cleanout close to the tiny house.

How does the electricity work on the tiny houses?

The tiny home is rated for 50 Amps and all appliances are 120 volts. You can use an extension cord to plug in your tiny home to an outlet (temporarily), but you should have a 50 amp receptacle installed close to the tiny house. If the property or site is only rated for 30 amps, you can purchase an adapter.

Do you deliver out-of-state?

Here at Pacifica Tiny Homes we aim to provide the best prices in all of the US. We deliver to out of state customers as we currently have tiny homes in Hawaii and Oregon. 

Do you offer financing?

We currently have 5 companies on our site that offer tiny house financing, please check out our financing page for links to each one. Checking one or checking all three is easy and best part, it does not hurt your credit score!

What is the height of the loft?

The height of the loft is the same with each model, size doesn't change it. The Bay Cottage loft  is 4' on the high side and  3' on the low side. The Tiny Victorian has both ends at 3' and its peak at roughly 4'-4". 

Do you build gooseneck tiny homes?

We only build tiny homes on trailers with hitches. We do not build no gooseneck trailers.